January 10, 2018

Week 2 - Composition: Color Harmony

January 10, 2018 (010/365)

"Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing?" ~ Picasso

*
Week 2 - COMPOSITION: Color Harmony
[Get out your color wheel. Do opposites attract? Can there be harmony with opposite colors? 
Does the Hulk wear purple pants? Mix warm and cool colors.]
#dogwoodweek2, #dogwood52, #dogwood2018 • f/6.3 1/800 16mm ISO100

This week's prompt should have been an easier one, but it was a challenge for me. Isn't that exactly the point of these exercises? Saturated color is really not my aesthetic; in fact, I often pull color out my images. Even when I do focus on color, I prefer monochromatic palates. When I look at the color wheel, I don't really like the combination of complimentary colors with two exceptions: pink+green and blue+yellow like this intensely blue sky against the building's golden bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment